BeaufortHarvest Declaration Form
Name: LRPB Beaufort
BEAUFORT is a mid season maturity feed, spring wheat suited to medium to high rainfall environments of Southern Australia. It has performed well in mid to high rainfall areas of Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales. It has a high level of resistance to both leaf and stripe rust, however shows susceptibility to stem rust. Aluminium tolerance allows for greater performance on acid soils. Semi dwarf with good straw strength reduces lodging. Shattering can be an issue if crops are left standing for long periods post ripening. Beaufort has shown good adaptability when sown across a range of sowing dates. It is best sown in mid-May, however, it can still perform well when sown early or late May as well.
Category: Spring Feed Wheat
Maturity: Mid Maturity Spring Wheat
- High yielding
- Mid – Late season maturity
- Suited to medium to high rainfall & Irrigation areas of VIC, SA, TAS and NSW.
- Good levels of Aluminium tolerance.
- Semi dwarf wheat with good standability at harvest. Growers who use a PGR program to manage canopy strength in high yielding situations should be aware that Beaufort appears to be sensitive to PGR applications when they are applied in stress conditions (waterlogging or too dry)..
- Good resistance to a range of plant diseases – See Disease Profile.
- Exceptional performance & grain yield under irrigation
- Growers should be prepared to protect the head and stem from possible stem rust outbreaks.
Plant Breeders Rights and Royalty:
Beaufort is protected by Plant Breeder’s Rights (PBR). Any unauthorised commercial propagation or any sale, conditioning, export, import or stocking of propagating material of this variety is an infringement under the Plant Breeder’s Rights 1994. Growers are allowed to retain seed from production of this variety for their own use as seed only.
Beaufort is subject to an EPR of $3.00/tonne (GST exclusive) payable on all grain produced.
Beaufort has been bred by the French company C C Benoist and initially trialled in Australia by Longreach Plant Breeders.